Foundation Heaving & Leaks
What does Advanced do?
Take soils borings and determine how much potential upward movement remains. Identify sources of water that are driving the process, and cut them off.
- Plumbing: Check for and repair foundation leaks from plumbing lines, sewer lines, sprinkler lines, and pool lines.
- Soil Injection: If possible, employ soil injection / chemical injection to halt the heaving.
- Foundation Repair: If there is the potential for significant upward movement and the source of water can not be identified or cut off,perform mechanical foundation repair.
- Foundation Drainage: Ensure that water is draining away from your foundation.
- Gutters & Downspouts: Examine how water from the roof drains away from your foundation.
What type of warranty does Advanced offer?
Advanced is the only foundation repair company to offer a warranty against heaving. Because each situation is unique, warranties vary according to the soil characteristics, the nature of the building, and the type of repair approved by the owner. For details, please contact Advanced.
Foundation Leaks & Foundation Heaving
Yes foundation leaks can be an issue. For very light items (relatively speaking) such as sidewalks and patios, heaving can be cause by a variety of factors. Some of the most common are tree roots, pressure from adjacent structures, and expanding soils. For heavier structures, such as houses and large buildings, expanding soils are always the cause of upward movement.
What is foundation heaving?
Foundation heaving refers to the upward movement of a foundation, sidewalk, or other structure.
How do I know if I have foundation heaving?
When a foundation heaves, it moves upwards. The best way to identify heaving, is to do an elevation survey of your foundation, and then prepare a contour diagram. In many cases, the contour diagram will produce information that can help in seeing where a have is and how high it is. Circular domes over areas that have sewer or water lines under them are an excellent indicator for heaves.