WHAT ARE CONCRETE PIERS?
For homes and light commercial buildings, concrete piers are concrete columns that are formed by pouring liquid concrete into holes drilled into the ground.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF CONCRETE PIERS?
- They can be designed to carry virtually any load.
- The cost for a concrete pier typically ranges from $500 to $1,000.
IS THERE A WARRANTY?
Advanced Foundation Repair offers a transferable 10-year warranty on its concrete piers. There are no ifs, ands, or buts; the warranty remains valid for up to 10 years as long as it is transferred from owner to owner. The other foundation repair companies in Fort Worth, TX cannot offer this same peace of mind.
HOW DO I KNOW THE WARRANTY WILL BE GOOD?
Advanced Foundation Repair belongs to the Texas Foundation Warranty Trust. Advanced pays the Texas foundation Warranty Trust a fee for every job that is completed. In exchange, the Trust backs each job for which a fee is paid. With nearly one million dollars in assets, the Trust will be here for the long run. Your house is an important investment. Not all foundation repair companies in Fort Worth, TX are equal. Put your trust in the foundation company backed by a trust and choose Advanced Foundation Repair.
HOW LONG DO CONCRETE PIERS LAST?
It is simple, concrete piers will last as long as your concrete foundation.
HOW ARE THEY INSTALLED?
The installation process is simple.
- In each location where a pier is going to be installed, a hole is drilled down to the target depth, generally between 12 and 20 feet below the surface of your slab. Each hole is typically 12 inches in diameter.
- Next, a set of reinforcing steel bars are tied together and lowered into the hole.
- The concrete is allowed to cure or harden for 7 days.
- When all of the piers are hardened, hydraulic jacks are placed on the piers and are then used to lift your foundation.
- Once your foundation is lifted, steel and concrete spacers are placed on the piers to support your foundation, and the hydraulic jacks are removed.
- The final step is to cover the piers and clean up.
WHAT IF I NEED PIERS IN MY HOUSE?
Concrete piers can be installed by cutting holes in your floor, digging down beside the interior grade beams,and then drilling to the target depth. Of course, this is terribly messy, and can destroy expensive tile and wood floors. If the depth of a pier is greater than the height of your ceiling, then each pier hole must be drilled with a shaft that can be dismantled and reassembled as needed. This is very costly.