How to Water a Foundation Video
Watch the video and learn How to Water a Foundation
How to water a foundation, do it yourself, easy install demo for an irrigation foundation watering & soaker hose system. An ounce of maintenance definitely out weighs a pound of repair. By Advanced Foundation Repair, a Texas foundation specialist for repair, maintenance and Tella Firma foundation systems.
- How to install a foundation watering system in for a home.
- Easy to do with parts you can buy at your local hardware store for less than $50.00.
- Two splitters.
- One roll of Teflon take.
- One Battery Operated Timer.
- Two Soaker Hoses (either the rubber or flat hose).
- Wrap Threads of Battery, hoses and splitters with Teflon take to reduce leaks.
- Take one splitter and attach to spigot on house.
- This allows you to run the soaker hoses and a separate hose system that you can use for other purposes. 5.
- Turn one side of the splitter off and the other side on for the soaker hose system. 6. Screw the battery operated time onto the splitter. 7.
- Attach the second splitter to the other side of the battery operated timer.
- This will allow you to run two soaker hoses off of the timer at the same time. 8. Water pressure in soaker hoses will be highest closer to the spigot.
- Keep hoses short, less than 50 feet.
- Otherwise all the water will come out near the timer and not at the very end. 9.
- Take a soaker hose and attach one each to the ends of the splitter. 10.
- Stretch the soaker hoses out along the ground about 6 inches from the house. 11.
- Bury soaker hoses 2 inches deep, cutting down on evaporation and run off. 12.
- Turn the battery operated time on and you are ready to go. 13.
- The goal is to keep soil under the house down to about 5 feet at a constant water content.
- Run the soaker hoses more when it is dry. During a really host dry summer you may have to run them 2 hours a day.
- When it is wet and raining you don’t have to run them at all.
- It is possible to damage your home by putting too much water down. 14.
- If you are running soaker hoses and continue to see movement, call the experts and Advanced Foundation Repair. 15.
- Be observant, be careful, conserve water, can give us a call if you need our help at 214-333-0003.