How to Water a Foundation How to water your foundation, do it yourself, easy install demo for an irrigation foundation watering & soaker hose system. An ounce of maintenance definitely out weighs a pound of repair. By Advanced Foundation Repair, a Texas foundation specialist for repair, maintenance and SlabTek foundation systems.
1. How to install a foundation watering system in for a home
2. Easy to do with parts you can buy at your local hardware store for less than $50.00
a. Two splitters
b. One roll of Teflon take
c. One Battery Operated Timer
d. Two Soaker Hoses (either the rubber or flat hose)
3. Wrap Threads of Battery, hoses and splitters with Teflon take to reduce leaks.
4. Take one splitter and attach to spigot on house. This allows you to run the soaker hoses and a separate hose system that you can use for other purposes.
5. Turn one side of the splitter off and the other side on for the soaker hose system.
6. Screw the battery operated time onto the splitter.
7. Attach the second splitter to the other side of the battery operated timer. This will allow you to run two soaker hoses off of the timer at the same time.
8. Water pressure in soaker hoses will be highest closer to the spigot. Keep hoses short, less than 50 feet. Otherwise all the water will come out near the timer and not at the very end.
9. Take a soaker hose and attach one each to the ends of the splitter.
10. Stretch the soaker hoses out along the ground about 6 inches from the house.
11. Bury soaker hoses 2 inches deep, cutting down on evaporation and run off.
12. Turn the battery operated time on and you are ready to go.
13. The goal is to keep soil under the house down to about 5 feet at a constant water content. Run the soaker hoses more when it is dry. During a really host dry summer you may have to run them 2 hours a day. When it is wet and raining you don't have to run them at all. It is possible to damage your home by putting too much water down.
14. If you are running soaker hoses and continue to see movement, call the experts and Advanced Foundation Repair.
15. Be observant, be careful, conserve water, can give us a call if you need our help – 214-333-0003.